Healthy, allergen-free sweet potato brownies swirled with gooey tahini/peanut butter and sweet-potato cacao frosting
So last night, it was 10pm and I realized I would need to prepare some delicious, high-energy vegan snacks to take to the Women’s March the following morning at at 8.15 am, standing up for human rights and equality everywhere! So I had figure out what I could whip up very quickly and with the limited ingredients I had on hand. Thus… these super simple sweet potato brownies were born!
For another take on the flourless brownie, check out my Acai Brownie recipe
Buy organic, raw cacao using my discount link here. I receive a small commission and you get a great discount!
These brownies take 5 minutes to whip up and are an absolute hit! They are so healthy that you could eat half the batch and it would still be considered a balanced meal! You have your carbs, veggies, protein and fat all in one, deliciously nutritious recipe.
- 2 cups oat flour use blender or food processor to grind oats into flour -- around 2.5 cups = 2 cups ground
- 1 cup steamed sweet potato
- 250 g date paste this is not as liquidy as date syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder or cacao
- 1 cup sweet potato steamed
- 1 cup date paste
- 5 T cacao powder see my discounts below
- 4 T agave
- 2 T plant milk soy or coconut
Preheat oven to 400F. Blend the hot water and date paste. Then add the other ingredients and blend until smooth. Spread into a glass dish or non-stick brownie pan. Bake for 40 minutes. Let cool before icing.
Blend all ingredients. Swirl with warmed peanut butter or tahini
Spread frosting onto cooled brownie. Slice with a hot knife.
Use GF oats to make gluten-free
Use code 'SORAYA' for 15% off your order at Sunburst Superfoods
-- my favorite place for affordable, organic ingredients & superfoods. I get a small commission with each purchase and you get to buy amazing, organic health foods at discounted prices. Seems like a win-win!
Finally, here are some of my favorites for this particular recipe:
- Pomegranate powder - this will give it a beautiful hot pink hue
- Goji berry powder
- Organic mulberries
- Raw vegan vanilla protein powder
- Organic golden berries
- Freeze-dried blueberry powder
- Freeze-dried raspberry powder